- General texts: € 0,07 (7 Euro cents)/word, i.e. € 70/1000 words (2016).
- Substantial discounts are available for NPOs, NGOs and academics working in the urban mobility field.
- Translation from French to English of general texts, as well as specialised texts in the areas of architecture, urban planning and design, and non-motorised transport, with an emphasis on commuter cycling (Wordfast).
- Proofreading, copy writing and CMS management in English (2 years’ editorial experience in print media).
- Design and layout (Adobe CS6).
- Specialised Translation: Translations for the African Centre for Cities, Cape Town; the Institut des hautes études de l’Amérique latine, Paris; the Université de Lyon-2, Lyon. Subject Areas: Urban Commuter Cycling, Non-Motorised Transport, Post-Apartheid and Post-Colonial Urbanism, French Urbanism, Sustainable Urbanism in the Global South.
- General Translation: 5 years of experience, of which 4 (2013-present) with the agency TranslationStation.co.za (2500 words/week, average). Subject areas include civil and maritime engineering works (60k words), food and beverage marketing and vendor training (50k words) and environmental manuals (20k).
Education and Accreditation
- Accreditation: for general translation, from French to English, by the South African Translators’ Institute (translators.org.za). Membership No.: 1002896.
- Masters in City and Regional Planning: University of Cape Town, 2016. Thesis Area: Commuter Cycling in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies: University of Cape Town, 2008-2011.
- Bachelor of Social Science: Rhodes University, 2005-2007.
Major specialisations thus far
Utility Cycling: academic papers for presentation and publication (references available).
Urban Mobilities: public participation documentation (German Centre for Air and Land Transport).
Legal and contractual: concession documents (airports and harbours, 55 o00 words for European and African clients, 2014-2015), tender documents (60 000 words, European Parliament, 2016).